The french spell it “ragoût” and the Italian spell it “ragù”. In either case you pronounce it “ra-goo” and this time, I made it with some left over lamb.
This 300 calorie dish took 15 min to make (including prep time) and was the perfect dinner.
- 1 whole green pepper, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, cut to preference
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced (I love garlic)
- 1 large celery, cut to preference
- 100g of BBQ lamb
- 120ml of tomato sauce (I used store bought)
- Spice to taste (I added some chili flakes)
Fry up the onions and garlic in a little bit of olive oil (I used 1.25ml) for 2-3 minutes, then add the rest of the veggies and lamb. Fry for an additional 5-7 minutes (you want the veggies to remain crispy). Add the tomato sauce and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
You can add pasta to this dish (for an additional 250-300 calories)